Nutritional Resources for Families
To help families during this crisis with their immediate food and nutritional needs, here are some food resources and information.
Nutritional Resources for Families:
- 211 Virginia: call 211 or website – https://www.211virginia.org/consumer/index.php
- Text “Food” to 877877
- WIC Helpdesk: 877-835-5942
- Regional Food Assistance: https://vafoodbanks.org/
- School Meal Distribution: https://schoolmealfinder.hoonuit.com/?
- The Foodbank will distribute food at these YMCA locations:
- Franklin YMCA—Fridays form 9a.m. to 11a.m. - James L. Camp Jr. Family YMCA, 300 Crescent Drive, Franklin, VA 23851
- Suffolk YMCA—Tuesdays from 5:30p.m. to 7:30p.m. - Suffolk Family YMCA 2769 Godwin Blvd., Suffolk, VA 23434
Also here is some additional information regarding safety guidelines at the pickup locations:
- All sites are operating as drive-thru models.
- Please arrive with the vehicle trunks empty and appropriate space for boxes.
- Drivers must remain in their cares at all times.
- If using your back seat for boxes we ask that no one be sitting in the back seat.
- If walking up to the site on foot, please distance yourself 6 feet from others.
Folks can stay informed regarding the foodbank with social media @FoodbankSEVA and foodbankonline.org/covid-19 for additional updates and distribution sites in the future.