EARLY HEAD START AND HEAD START REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
The Children’s Center is taking applications in Franklin, Suffolk, Isle of Wight County, and Southampton County for Early Head Start and Head Start.
Early Head Start provides services to pregnant mothers and children up to 36 months.
To be eligible to attend Head Start, children must be at least three years old. However, the application process can start before the child’s third birthday.
To enroll in Early Head Start or Head Start, you will need the following items to complete the enrollment application process:
1. Birth certificate (Birth Letter is acceptable for EHS only)
2. Proof of residency (Utility bill, lease, etc.)
3. Proof of income or eligibility using one of these:
• W-2 or 1040 tax form
• 4 most recent pay stubs
• TANF or SSI documentation
• Unemployment letter
• Foster child documentation
• Child Support documentation
If you work and also receive child support or have other income, you must provide proof of that additional income.
4. Child’s current physical form
5. Child’s current immunization records
6. Child’s health insurance card
7. IEP or IFSP, if applicable, for children with a disability
8. Two emergency contacts other than parents (full address and phone number).
If needed, the Children’s Center will assist you in getting items that you do not have.
To schedule an Early Head Start appointment, call Michelle Flowers at (757) 346-8731 or 516-2722. To schedule a Head Start appointment, call Kendra Brewer at (757) 377-6112 or 809-5557.