REGISTRATION FOR EARLY HEAD START AND HEAD START IS NOW OPEN
Registration for Early Head Start and Head Start in Franklin, Suffolk, Southampton County, and Isle of Wight County is now open by appointment only.
To be eligible for Head Start, children must be three years old by September 30, 2015. Early Head Start serves children ages birth through three and pregnant moms.
Step one in the process is to gather the required documents listed below and complete the enrollment application. Applications are available at each Children’s Center site. If needed, we will assist you in getting items that you do not have: The items are:
1. Birth certificate (Birth Letter is acceptable for EHS only)
2. Proof of residency (Utility bill, lease, etc.)
3. Proof of income or eligibility using one of these
• W-2 or 1040 tax form
• 4 most recent pay stubs
• TANF or SSI documentation
• Unemployment letter
• Foster child documentation
• Child Support documentation
4. Child’s current physical form
5. Child’s current immunization records
6. Child’s health insurance card
7. IEP or IFSP, if applicable, for children with a disability
If you work and also receive child support of have other income, you must provide proof of that additional income.
Step two is to make an appointment. To make an appointment for Head Start registration, call the Texie Camp Marks Children’s Center in Franklin at 562-6806, Suffolk Head Start Center at 809-5557, Smithfield Head Start Center at 357-7177, or the Southampton Head Start Center at 653-9792. To register for Early Head Start, contact the Franklin Early Head Start Center at 516-2722.
Your child will be placed on the waiting list. When a slot becomes available, you will be given an appointment to complete the enrollment process.