The Children’s Center is adding an Early Head Start classroom and a Head Start classroom at the Courtland Head Start Center beginning this fall.
“As of July 1, we will see the return of resources that we lost in 2013 because of sequestration. We will now be able to serve more children in Southampton County and we will open two new Early Head Start classrooms at our building in Courtland,” said Jeff Zeigler, Community Relations Coordinator for the Children’s Center. “This is a great opportunity for families in Southampton County.”
Registration for these new slots is underway. Parents and guardians can register at the Courtland Head Start Center at 22015 Aurora Street in Courtland (653-9792) or at the Texie Camp Marks Children’s Center in Franklin at 700 Campbell Avenue (562-6806).
For the Early Head Start program, children must be birth to three and live in Southampton County. For Head Start, children must be three years old by September 30, 2014 and live in Southampton County.
The following is a list of items that are needed in order to enroll children in Early Head Start. Please use this checklist to make sure that you bring as many of these items as you can to your enrollment appointment. This will help to speed up the processing of your child’s application. The Children’s Center will assist you in getting the documents that you do not have.
• Proof of child's birth (Birth Certificate)
• Current physical and immunization records
• Proof of residency (utility bill, etc.)
• Proof of income - W-2 or federal tax return, current pay stubs (1 month or four consecutive weeks), Social Security statement (SSA 1099), Social Security Income (SSI) or TANF documentation, Foster Child documentation (if applicable), child support documents, unemployment compensation
• Health insurance card
• Custody or court documents