CHANGE IN HEAD START AND EARLY START APPLICATIONS
Beginning Friday, May 1, all applications for Head Start and Early Head Start will be accepted by appointment only.
The application process includes several parts, all of which must be completed in order for your child to be placed on our Waiting List. The following items are required to complete the application process:
• Birth certificate (birth letter is acceptable for EHS only)
• Proof of residency
• Proof of income or eligibility using one of these -- W-2, 1040 tax form, four most recent pay stubs, TANF or SSI documentation, unemployment letter, foster child documentation
• Child’s current physical form
• Child’s current immunization records
• Child’s health insurance card
• IEP or IFSP if applicable
The Children's Center can assist you in gathering these items.
At the appointment, you will be asked to complete an application and Selection Criteria Ranking Scale form.
Contact the Family Advocate in your service area to schedule an appointment:
Southampton County 653-9792
Isle of Wight County 356-1004