Despite the closing of center-based programs, the Children’s Center has continued its mission of nurturing and educating children and their families. We are open for business, just in a different way!
Center staff members are using technology to provide education, therapy, and assistance to children and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some examples include:
- Teachers are utilizing the Class Dojo app to create virtual classrooms. Weekly lesson plans are being utilized to continue children’s education. More families are using the Ready Rosie parent education platform.
- Family Services staff members have been contacting families to ensure their health and safety.
- Family Services staff members completed EHS renewals with families via telephone.
- Early Intervention staff members are conducting services through tele-health.
- The Health, Mental Health, and Disability Services staff members have been reaching out to families and teachers to offer support.
- Several different learning opportunities, including a family activity pack, have been shared with Early Head Start, Head Start, and Community Childcare families through Facebook and the Center’s website.
- Continuing to track, request, and assist teachers with assessments using the Ages and Stages Questionnaire tool.
- The Center has shared community resources for food and recreation through Facebook.
- Staff members have created the “Wellness Gazette”, an e-publication full of tips and ideas for staying healthy. So far, three editions have been published.
- We have encouraged families to communicate with us through the “contact us” option on our website.
- Other functions, such as processing of Early Head Start and Head Start applications, are continuing.
We will continue these efforts until we can all be back together!