Don't Lose Your Medicaid Coverage!
Update Your Medicaid Information Today!
Virginia Medicaid has returned to the normal enrollment process, and needs to check if you still qualify for health coverage. Update your contact information and look for mail, email, or texts to renew your coverage from Virginia Medicaid, your local DSS office, and your health plan.
Responding right away is the best way to ensure you continue to have access to the health care coverage you need!
Here’s the facts:
- Continuous health coverage will end March 31, 2023, with disenrollment beginning no earlier than April 30, 2023. Virginia will return to normal enrollment processes, including redeterminations and processing reductions/disenrollment of health coverage.
- Medicaid renewals will continue over a 12-month period. Members should make sure their contact information is up to date to ensure receipt of important information during the transition back to normal operations.
- You need to update your mailing addresses and phone numbers. Members can make updates:
Here’s what you can do now:
- Make sure your address and phone numbers are updated.
- Check your mail.
- Call your social worker for help.
- heck and update your contact information today by calling Cover Virginia at 1-855-242-8282 or go to commonhelp.virginia.gov/.
This FAQ can help you understand how the return to normal enrollment process works.
If you do not qualify for full benefits through Medicaid or FAMIS, or you cannot afford Marketplace coverage, please know that people who are uninsured can get health care services at Virginia’s Free and Charitable Health Clinics and Virginia’s Community Health Centers.
Here’s a video you can watch to help: https://youtu.be/KgpCXbooNW8